This last week and a half has made me excited for the Holiday Season! First of all Thanksgiving was great! We ended up going to three houses to visit, but it was way fun. First we went to the Ewerts and ate our delightful meal (curtesy of Karen!). Next it was off to my Grandma's house where we just visited with family. Last we went to Charlene's where we had "The famous cheesecake", I call it that because Kyle LOVES it! I like it a lot too, but he raves about it. I guess I know what to make when he is having a bad day :). Overall we had a fun day visiting with everyone.
Black Friday! It is the dreaded day for retail workers and the FUN day of shopping for the rest of us! Kyle and my sister had to work that morning so I thought I was on my own. But my cousin Melissa was willing to brave the crowds with me at 3am. Without her it would have been boring, THANKS MELISSA! That morning we went to several stores, but I had to take a break for my viola lesson (which I ended up being really glad... it was a GREAT lesson). After my lesson I wanted to meet up with my sister-in-laws, but it didn't really work out because of me needing to stand in a huge line at Kohls. But it was fun anyway and I will hopefully go with them next year! I was able to get almost all my Christmas shopping done in ONE DAY! AWESOME!! Although I did feel like the deals weren't as good this year as normal. But I still saved money!
Saturday Kyle and I had to work, but after Kyle got off we went with my cousin's to Temple Square. We didn't get there till almost nine because of Kyle getting off late, but it was worth it because of how pretty the lights were.
Our weekend was really fun!
With the kick off of Christmas shopping I have gotten super excited for CHRISTMAS! I love all the Christmas parties and the decorations. I LOVE shopping for other people, I like it the most when I find the perfect gift for someone. Like this year I have a present for Kyle that I am DYING to give him.... stay tuned for to find out! I also love the spirit around Christmas, it is like a warm fuzzy feeling. Even though I see a lot of scruges, especially because I work at a financial institution, I still love it.
I hope all of you have a great holiday season and enjoy celebrating our Saviors Birth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment