Saturday, October 31, 2009

Criticism Challenge

Kyle and I have a fun couples marriage class at the SLCC institute every other Friday. This class has been very insightful and fun, we have really enjoyed having a fun date to look forward to everyother week. The teacher is great and his wife comes a long with him to help out. We have learned about a lot of different things, one of my favorite classes was about love language and how to act and treat your spouse accourding to their love language.
Last time we went we learned about the differences between men and women. Yeah I know this sounds pretty basic, but he gave us some facts that I didn't know. Also he talked about how we should be talking to eachother. He brought up criticism and how if we could cease to criticize our marraiges would be AMAZING. Of course I know this is true and I have been even more careful about how I say things to Kyle. Our teacher gave us a challenge to go 24 hours without criticizing anyone, NO ONE, not even ourselves. He mentioned that this is super hard because as humans we naturally criticize and that there would be only one or two that could go the whole 24 hours. So Kyle and I have been working on our challenge and let me tell you it is super hard! Anytime you catch yourself criticizing you have to start over! Hopefully I can get it done before the next class, let me tell ya I had no idea how much I criticized... This has tought me a powerful lesson for sure!! I needed it!
So I challenge all of you to go 24 HOURS WITHOUT CRITICIZING! Let me know how you do!!

2 comments:

Rissy & Spence said...

Thanks Andrea, I definely need this I do this my husband. I am going to take this challenge to not criticism, to be a better person to my friends, Love ones & especially my husband. I am glad that u posted this it, is very true everyone does. We all hope that everyone can take this oppunity to change & be kind to everyone. I always remember this, "Would our Savior do the same thing?" Thanks Andrea for this awesome challenge. TTYL have gr8 evening hope see u & Kyle soon

Amber said...

It's funny that you would post about this because I was just talking with Josh a couple of nights ago about the fact that I am a natural criticisor. Not in the outwordly spoken sense just in my head. So I've been trying really hard to not think anything negative about anyone and it is a stuggle, but I'm happier when you look for the possitive things.