I haven't blogged about my job yet... so here it is.
I work at a plazma donation center. Sometimes I forget that I get paid to do something that really helps people (sweet). It is sometimes a hard job because it can get physically and mentally demanding, but overall I really like it.
I have met some ... interesting people and have made some great friends at work. Funny enough I met an old friend of Kyle's that was donating and we hang out with her and her husband all the time. I have seen four people faint and have heard many horror storries about donor reactions. I have pricked SO many fingers and I know how to make them bleed super fast... it's like milking a cow! I have the screening questions memorized and sometimes find myself repeating them in my head. Oh, I have also stuck (meaning jabbed them with a needle) two veins for samples... and did surpisingly well.
things you would only hear at a plazma donation center...
~"Ooo you bleed well!"
~"Sterile high five" (refering to a touch of elbows so to not contaminate your friend's hand with your glove)
~"which finger would you like me to poke?" which makes me laugh because who would LIKE to be poked with that terrible little lancet?
~screeners unite! (yelled while making a funny arm motion)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
L.O.L. that makes me laugh so much. I don't miss being on the patient side, although I miss the extra money and seeing you.
Post a Comment