This weekend I have been thinking a lot about new year resoutions. Most years I think about resolutions, but never actually have any. Of course there are the most typical goals like to lose weight, excersize and save more money which I hope I will do more of in the next year, but I never make any commitment to make this a resolution. This New Year is different for me, I feel different. I have quite a few resolutions and have real motivation to keep them.
About a week ago I was thinking about making a 2010 review post. I started thinking about everything we have done this year, what we have accomplished, what challenges we faced, and what new things we experienced. I found myself thinking more about the negative things that happened. Today on the other hand I have felt the spirit so strong confirming that every experience was for our good. My opinion of the year completely turned around and I am so grateful for such a wonderful year. Here are a few things that I experienced in 2010.
~Moved for the first time in my life
~changed jobs
~fell in love with Logan
~made tons of new friends
~drew a blood sample for the first time
~fell even more in love with Kyle
~learned that I need to have more patience
~took my first online class
~ learned to appreciate family more than ever
~Went hunting for the first time
~learned that I love to cook
~had the saddest day of my life so far
~got promoted
~drove a ton to Salt Lake
~was sick for four consecutive months
~learned that I actually love to entertain
I have had so much happen this year mostly great things and some very sad and hard for me to get through. I feel like every experience has given me a better perspective of life and has made me a better person. I hope as you all look at the past year you can see how great Heavenly Father's influence was. Realize that he is guiding your life. Turn to Him for peace and understanding. I know that 2011 will be a great year... Come what may!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love this post and also the post about who you are. It is so good to keep our lives in perspective and remember the good things. Also, it is so easy to lose ourselves in this crazy world and I'm proud of you for being so amazing when so many just don't care anymore. We never know how blessed we are sometimes until really hard experiences challenge us. I'm grateful to have you as my friend.
You have got a great attituded keep it up, Heavenly Father is always there for you and Kyle and you have had some great blessings. Always think about them and remember that you will be having more great blessings in the future.
Karen
Post a Comment