Lately I have been feeling really down....
I have tried to hide it, supress it, ignore it, show it, cry about it. But none of those things helped me feel better. Yesterday I was basically hit rock bottem in a pit of self pitty. On Monday I exploded at my family and I haven't been mentally around for my husband. Depression runs in my family and I always considered myself lucky because I have never had bad symptoms, but I have felt it strong in the last few months. I think a lot of it is a medicine that I am taking because it is full of hormones, but I still feel like that is no reason for me to feel the way I have.
Yesterday was the day I decided that I am the only one who can force me to feel better. I decided that I was going to find something to help, so I looked up articles on the church website. I found this great talk by Ezra T Benson called " Do Not Despare". It not only talks about spiritaul things you can do to lift your mood, but physical things. He gave twelve ways to help.
Repentance
prayer
Service
Work
Health
Reading
Blessing
Fasting
Friends
Endurance
Goals
I gave myself a goal to work on all of these areas and it is already lifting my mood and giving me a better self worth. I did not BLOG about this to make you all feel bad for me because I really do have a great life and I enjoy it. It was because I was excited about this and I want you all to know that if you are down there are things that can help you pull out of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad you found that talk to help you through! Thanks for sharing. :)
Post a Comment