Life this week.....
Well, has been intresting. It started out with Kyle getting turned down for another million jobs that have had "more qualified applicants". He has been applying everywhere and there has been no luck. Normally I can stay really positive about things, but this week I have hit rock bottom. We were really excited about a certain job that he applied for, we prayed and fasted and he did everything right (we thought). But it didn't work out. I continue to try and think of every blessing we have, but I have had a hard time this week.
Next, Kyle gets a speeding ticket. Not a good time for that to happen.
Next, Kyle almost died. He was cooking me some yummy homemade fries and somehow the grease cought on fire. The flames were almost to the ceiling when we noticed and in a panic Kyle took the pan and put it under water (don't judge him he was in shock). For those of you who don't know, hot grease explodes when you put water in it. So this is when I walked in and I see the explosion in my kitchen. The ball of flame was at least four feet wide. I freaked out I thought the kitchen was on fire so I ran for the outside hose to get it out. Luckily nothing cought on fire (I know this was a miricle!). We opened all the windows to get the smoke out and in the process both got some smoke inhalation.
After all this I noticed Kyles arm looked burnt so I got closer and noticed how bad it was. The grease had spattered all over his hands. I was freaking by this point and suffering from some shock. So we went to the Emergency room, they rushed him back and cleaned and bandaged him up. I kept getting really emotional because I know my husband could have died easily and the house could have burnt down.
I am so grateful that my parents are such nice people! My mom was so worried about Kyle and all my dad said about the kitchens can be replaced people can't. They are such amazing people.
So after this we were on our way home finally and I was so tired and ready to relax for a sec. My mom calls me and informs me that my granpa is dying and that he probably wont last the night. I just started bawling because I couldn't handle it all. So we went home for a little while to eat and my mom called again saying it was down to hours for grandpa. So we drove up to where he is and sayed our goodbyes. It was really hard because I have been close to my Grandpa and I don't want to see him suffering like this. I have known for about a week that he could pass away soon, but have had a hard time.He lasted through the night, but the nurse said he will probably die this weekend.
So this week has been a rollorcoaster for us and I'm about ready to give up right now, but life goes on no matter what happens. I am thankful that my husband is alive and that families are forever. I know I will see my grandpa again and he will be in a better place!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Andrea;
Someday you will look back on this and say. That you were able to learn from this. Right know you are thinking how, but I know you will learn and grow. I am glad that you and Kyle are okay.
Love you both
Karen
I am sorry this was such a hard summer I really hope it gets better soon.
Post a Comment