Sunday, January 29, 2012

Kyle's surgery

Kyle's feet have been hurting him for as long as I've known him and before that. It doesn't help that every job that he has had is on his feet. So finally he broke down and got them checked out. The doctor took some xrays and found that he has an extra bone in each foot, the right being a lot bigger. He said that the pain of what Kyle had was like walking on fractured feet. Poor guy! I felt so bad about it when he told me. He is such a trooper. 
So we scheduled surgery. He will be out of work for the 5-8 week recovery because he can't put any weight on it at all.
Here is Kyle right before surgery being goofy as usual. 

 The first couple of days he was on crutches, but he would come home so tired from school that he had no energy to do anything else. Also the doctor was worried about him slipping on the ice so we rented him a scooter (or at least that's what I call it). He says it is so nice and way faster for him to get around.


I do have to say that he is fast on that thing and it is so fun to watch him zip around corners. People just laugh. I have realized how much Kyle really does for me around the house. Even though he still helps out a ton there is a lot more that I have to do around here. I love Kyle and hope that it heals quickly and that he is able to enjoy jogging and playing Basketball again without pain!

No comments: