Friday, December 10, 2010

Individual projecet: Who I am.

Andrea Ewert


I know that I am the person that I am because of a culmination of events and people that have shaped me into who I am. Some of the many influences have been religion, my parents, music, and work experiences.

The biggest reason I am the person I am today is because of my religious beliefs. I am LDS. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has been a part of my life from birth. There are certain times of my life that have contributed most when it comes to religion. Primary, my baptism, the young women program, and marriage.

Primary: I know that because of those years of primary I had a solid background of knowledge to make a choice on whether I believed the religion to be true or not. I know that primary gave me a lot of experience with other kids and allowed me to grow socially. 
Baptism: To me this meant that I was making covenants with my Heavenly Father that I promised to keep. I know I am the person I am today because I have kept those covenants and I know I will remain who I am because I plan to keep them.
 The Young Women Program: Because of opportunities in this program I learned how to be a leader, a friend, a confident woman, and so much more. I was able to learn how to get out of my comfort zone doing things that I may have never experienced.
Marriage: In my religion you are taught that family is incredibly important. Since I was little I wanted to get married and have a family. Kyle, my husband, is an amazing person and makes a better person. I work hard to be a great spouse and have a good relationship with Kyle. I know my view on marriage and family was molded by my religious beliefs.

My parents are the two people who have influenced me the most.


Believe it or not I am just like them in so many ways. Things my mother and I share: we love to be crafty, love nature, love music, love to help people and service, and we are both terribly stubborn, we love the gospel. Things I share with my dad: quiet when around people we don't know, love all different kinds of music, strange sense of humor, hard working, we tend to hide our emotions, care immensely for the ones we love. My parents are great examples to me and I know and LOVE that I am so much like them.

One of the biggest influences they have had on me is my love for music. Since I was little I remember listening to my mother singing and teaching voice lessons and she gave me a gentle push to learn about music. I remember my dad blasting his old rock albums on Saturday afternoons and always telling me how much he enjoyed me playing my viola.
Music is such a huge part of who I am. I spent my high school years taking private lessons early in the morning and practicing for hours at night. I was and still participate in orchestras and find myself becoming completely consumed by the music. No matter how I am feeling I can turn those feelings to music.

Lastly I know that work experiences have helped me become the person I am. I have had a lot of jobs each giving me experience with people I would never usually meet. In each job I have help thus far I have been working with people and it has given me a better perspective of the work and society as a whole.

These are just a few of many people and experiences that have made me the person I am. I also know that the future holds new experiences and meeting new people to influence me in different ways.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

You are awesome. It's true.

Andrea said...

Thanks. I made this post for a class. I needed it for my project.

cardwellclan said...

That's a neat project and it's always good to take a look at ourselves like you did! Hope you have a great Christmas!!!